niffira.nia's: Dream-o.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dream-o.

Lately, I despised my dreams, I hated it. They fooled me, and I thought just how evil they were, portraying the what-should've-beens and etched them vividly inside my mind the following morning. They gave me the chance to continue clinging to false hopes, of a future I know I could never have.

But,

Nothing is as real as a dream.

The world can change around you, but your dream will not.
Responsibilities need not erase it.
Duties need not obscure it.
Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away.


- Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy told me that, and for a moment there I haven't had the faintest idea of how my feelings should be.

I guess.. I should be grateful. No matter how painful it was, yes, the dream is within me, and no one can take it away. In dreams, I can't smell or even touch, but I can feel - elation, longing, freedom, love, and they're scarily real to me. My dreams aren't likely to ever come true, as my world around me is changing right now, but at least.. in my deepest and most private sanctuary, the moments come and amuse me. The same play, the same actors, the same stage - as though everything remains intact in place and nothing's changing.

Ain, enjoy them while they last.

You might go to bed one day and find your head empty. Nak?!


1 comments:

fats. said...

dun wori. you'll dream will come around. i know it will.

Post a Comment